The New Paper
By Tanya Augustine & Nathaniel Hong
Death from inhaling nitrous oxide
IN SEVERAL parts of the world, like Britain, nitrous oxide is a popular party substance which teens like to abuse.
In Britain, a 17-year-old student died after inhaling nitrous oxide. He suffered a heart attack and brain damage. The North London student had inhaled the substance at his friend’s house a month before.
An 18-year-old from Phoenix, US, collapsed at a party after inhaling nitrous oxide. Phoenix police said that she may have inhaled about 130g of the gas before she died.
A 19-year-old was found dead in his fraternity house.
A student from the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, he had died from asphyxia after inhaling nitrous oxide.
Numerous small canisters were found near his body. He had been missing for eight days before being found by another student in the fraternity storeroom.